JP Meeting Minutes
In attendance: n/a
- Kevin forwarding minutes to Lea
- There are some action items from the winter meeting
- Relationship between MIT-WHOI and how some students are having a hard time finding committee members on either end. Action would happen from both APO and the student body
- Departmental responsibility
- Department reps poll the students to figure out what is needed and then work from there
- Maybe make a list of people that have been on committees of older students and their interests
- Student social event between EAPS & maybe CEE? students and JP students. Poster session? Social event? Picnic? Student mixer? Give it a professional development twist? To help students know what each other do and then what their advisors do
- Lizzie follow up with Chrissy about mental health resources thing
- WHOI based REF -- Maybe Alia?
- Student support for writing grants apps and fellowships apps?
- Nathan leading this effort
- Lizzie will check in with Chrissy and Eesh on the diversity in the JP action item
- Creating more IAP courses?
- Maybe winter jelly talks? Or jelly style talks
- If it's social event style, they need to organize it themselves
- This is more for the next reps
- They can submit for OGE funds
- New office -- people seem to want it
- They cleaned it! Rachel will go today to see what got removed from the room
- Work with kris to be the liaison for facilities requests
- Student led events are organized
- Drivers signed up
- Meeting with Meg and Delia soon
- Look out for dietary restrictions -- department reps when planning lunches
- General housekeeping in the student center
- Ryan isn't here. This probably isn't happening before open house.
- Asking for designs again.